Sunday, September 16, 2007

A greeting.

Some of you reading this new journal may also have been reading one or a couple of the other online journals that I've kept over the years, so my thoughts on a screen might not be such a fresh experience as it could be for the newbs. And if you are indeed someone who's been reading along with my life, you might notice a slight switch in style. I already keep a handful of handwritten journals chronicling a variety of categories in thought and events, but I would like to save this one for others. And I insist against calling it a 'blog', because I sincerely dislike that word. So please disregard the name of this journal's domain, as I do also.

The reason I went with this new idea is a result of reading Don To Earth, a man who ought to be respected not only because he is beyond 90 years old, but because of the accomplishments he has made throughout his life. Before The Nature of Things became what we know it as, Mr. Crowdis originally hosted the show on CBC. I recommend visiting his page.

I should also admit that I did not write the story in that first entry, and I also do not know the origin. I simply found it to be quite thought provoking, and worth sharing.

So welcome to my new journal. It's a beautiful afternoon. I hope you have been enjoying it.

Listening to:

Palmsout Sunday Remix 79

No comments: