Monday, November 7, 2011

Nothing with any certainty.

Things seen and heard this season:

-Two shoes on the sidewalk. Both the same kind of shoe, but both were left shoes, and both were the same size.

-An old man with a large pot belly, wearing only underpants, rollerblading past my house.

-"My leg's crooked, alright? My leg is uneven." From a woman walking around the corner, alone.

-"You don't want to be caught out in left-center field."

-Bus stop advertisement for real estate agent George Georgopoulous, email george@georgegeorge.com.

-On my first bus ride, a man who was denied a ride launching a ball of spit that hits the window beside my head.

-A recycling bin brimming with only discount brand lemon-lime plastic soda bottles.

-Another recycling bin with an enormous mirrorball balanced on top of it.

-A near victim to my own misplaced rage, a drunken undergraduate student who was pushed into me, recipient to my height and sharp words.

-Somewhere around fifty dogs chasing each other about a dog park on a late Sunday afternoon.

-Misty, a stranger, a drunken woman in a Team Canada warm-up suit, accosting me for my pants and then crawling under a table in an attempt to remove them.

-A million conversations about lost jobs and hard times.

-Late at night, a young man in his front kitchen window making a salad and a grilled cheese while I with my headphones stood and sang out quiet songs to wish a good meal.

-My own questionable voyeurism.

-"You look rich--are you rich?" and, "You've got pet hair on your face."

2 comments:

taylor zorz said...

wherever you live sounds worse than where I live.

Scott Herder said...

I live right where the east part of town meets the entirely different west part of town, which makes the mixtures of people I encounter very strange and a little funny.