Tuesday, April 14, 2009

And he whispered fear is logical.

(This is voyeuristic, I know, so I apologize, but) someone I know told another I know that everything they do matters.

This is true. Every single one is helping us find our meaning in everything they do. It should be given well then, I think, since you are so valuable. But there are people shaking hands, or sitting down, or having tea, these things sometimes conducted towards an unknown rhythm that no one dares to sing. Pretending, but pretending not to be.

This is what cities are made of, it seems. But now I'll always sit insistent on finding the nothingness beneath whatever it is that's covering up. That nothingness is real, and its meaning, though quickly pulled into shadows, is always there to be seen. If there are objects, actions, expressions, even if evasive, there is meaning beneath them (and I apologize, you know, the original statement made by someone I know to another I know did not have the same context as this).

No comments: