Monday, January 14, 2008

"brightness falls from the air"

It is late in the evening. I am sitting in my orange coloured room after a day of motionlessness and contemplation. What I am wondering at this small moment is about what makes people happiest. The borders in this house are thin, so I am listening to a group of friends playing Jenga in my kitchen overhead.

Last night I was upstairs with my friends in my roommate's purple room and, though having such a desire to write, could think of nothing existing of which to write about.

Right now, however, I listen to my friends and know, of course, that having these people I care about is quite a brightness. But it is odd, I think, to not have this at the front of a person's mind when surrounded by them and to instead realize this only when separated and sitting in a dim and empty room.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.